Friday, March 25, 2011

Cosmetic Surgery ? Scarring and Skin Types





Image by superwick


Cosmetic Surgery ? Scarring and Skin Types


In a society where looking young is of paramount importance we spend hundreds if not thousands of pounds each year in order to ensure our appearance is as good as possible. For this reason many now opt for cosmetic surgery which can offer a perfect solution.



When you are thinking of opting for a cosmetic surgery procedure you should always of course consider scarring that can occur and how your skin tone and type can affect this.



Depending on the procedure you are opting for the incision sites may well be hidden from site but for some the resultant scarring may be a more visible area. Various skin types of course scar differently and this is something you should talk to your cosmetic surgeon about if you have had problems in the past.



If you have a darker skin tone it is possible you could suffer from hyperpigmentation which is a form of skin discoloration. With some skin types there is the possibility of excessive scarring such as Keloids; these are an exuberant overgrowth of tissue which forms when the incision site heals. You shouldn’t worry too much about this though as they can be treated with special creams, injections of steroids or removal with a careful incision.



Incisions for procedures such as breast enlargement surgery can be hidden or camouflaged by hiding them in natural creases and a solution can be applied for many people due to the unique physical nature of our bodies and faces.



The main thing to remember is that you should always make your plastic surgeon fully aware of any problems you have with your skin or the healing process and this extends to any health problem you may be suffering or have suffered from which could have a bearing on a procedure.



If you are considering cosmetic surgery procedures in the UK such as breast enlargement surgery you should seek an accredited surgeon who is registered with BAPRAS or BAAPS to ensure this plastic surgery runs smoothly.



James Wilkinson is a Uk based author with experience within the cosmetics industry.



Article from articlesbase.com


Question from Dolkite: Should I shave my head even if I have a surgery scar?

I started losing my hair at age 17; I am now 32. This was a major emotional crisis for me and I underwent several hair transplant operations in my twenties to try and restore the hair. I ended up with a patch of thinning hair in front and, as the baldness progressed, it looked less and less effective. The surgeries have left a noticeable “donor scar” that runs horizontally across the back of my head, just above the ears.


I am resigned to being bald now, but I am not sure if I should shave it all off or not. I would never go for a clean-shaven look because, to be honest, I hate how bald men like Steve Wilkos or Michael Chiklis go for a “bald badass” sort of look and I’m already sensitive about being 6′3″ and broad shouldered. However, I have a pair of clippers and can keep it super short.


My other option is to simply let some hair grow in the back and sides and keep it reasonably short with the help of a hair stylist. This makes me look older, but may be a better option than having everyone see my scar.


What do you think?

Well, I can’t see the scar, but that doesn’t mean others don’t. I just don’t want to look like some mental patient…being bald is bad enough.

Jamers – I can’t wear a hat every day for the rest of my life.


Best answers:


Answer by biduf25
I think you need to ask yourself if you do shave it, are you going to be self-conscious about the scar or not?


I would try an experiment… Try the short haircut for a week and see how you feel. Then try clipping your hair as close to your scalp as possible for a week. Then try going completely bald for a week.


At the end of each week, evaluate and see which you liked the best, and what you are more comfortable with.


In the end, only you can tell what you will be more comfortable with. Have the confidence to be who you are.


Answer by LIVE AND DIE MUSLIM RESPECT BRUV
i think your option is better dont let people see your scar if you are uncomfortable showin your scar then grow your hair if you want to show of your scar and look tought then get a bald


Answer by MsJamers,RN
Just wear a hat.


Then lets be honest, I would be a lot more attracted to a guy with a bald head (Scar or not) then one that’s balding and has patches of hair.


Answer by Bill
I think biduf25 had the perfect answer. Good luck!


Add your own answer in the comments!

http://bit.ly/dK9Ru9

No comments:

Post a Comment