Home Remedies Tips On Removing Acne Scars
About 30 percent of people with moderate or severe acne will develop scars. Acne scars are difficult to treat, can make the skin look old prematurely, and can be embarrassing and socially disruptive when extensive. Taking care of acne as soon as it develops is essential to preventing acne scars.
Family history plays a big role in whether a person develops acne scars. The genes we inherit make some people more likely to scar. If you had severe acne, you also are more likely to develop acne scars.
Dermatologists recommend early treatment for acne. This can help prevent acne from becoming severe. The less severe the acne, the less the risk of developing acne scars. This is especially important for people who have family members who had severe acne. Waiting to treat acne until it becomes severe can lead to extensive acne scarring.
The most serious types of acne lead to the most severe cases of scarring. Needless to say, nodules are the ones responsible for leaving behind permanent scars as opposed to the other kinds of skin eruptions. The appropriate thing to do is to seek immediate medical attention for treating acne and scarring which will further help in preventing spread of skin eruptions, especially if you are suffering from painful nodules.
Some studies suggest that treating acne scars while taking isotretinoin can make the scarring worse. Your dermatologist may ask you to wait at least 6 months after stopping isotretinoin. The wait time also will depend on the type of treatment recommended for your acne scars.
Many people want to know which treatment works best. Others want to find out what they can do at home to treat acne scars. Some of the commonly used home remedies for acne scars include the following:
1. Lemon juice is a great way to reduce blemishes on the face. Lemon being a natural bleach, reduces the melanin buildup and fades the acne scars. Squeeze a lemon and apply it on the scars, with the help of a cotton bud. Leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes. However, the drawback is that it results in dry skin and photosensitivity.
2. Use olive oil for cooking as it not only makes the food more appetizing, but also lightens acne scar. Lightly massage olive oil on the skin, which makes the skin smooth and would reduce the scars.
3. Honey is a great way to get rid of acne and its resulting scars. Apply honey on the face for about 20 to 30 minutes. This will moisturize the face, improve the texture of the skin and reduce the scars. There is specially formulated honey available in the market. Taking that honey orally also helps in reducing scars.
4. Rosehip seed oil can reduce acne scars and lessen discoloration.� This oil is also a powerful anti-aging agent, which reduces wrinkles and regenerates the skin.
5. Tomato and cucumber are great to reduce the scars as well as to improve the texture if the skin. Mix tomato and cucumber pulp and apply on the acne and the scars. Tomato is a natural bleach and cucumber is a natural anti-oxidant. This is the best natural acne treatment.
6. Egg whites are easy to obtain and are effective in treating acne scar.� Apply egg whites on the scars using a cotton ball and leave it overnight to reduce acne scars.
7. Sandalwood and rosewater paste works wonders on the skin, as one of the greatest home remedies for acne scar. You can make this face pack and apply it on the face, once a day or every alternate day.
8. It is commonly used in the treatment of acne scars. Boil some fenugreek seeds in water and cool it before applying to the scars. Application of face mask made of fenugreek leaves paste is also equally effective.
Apart from natural goodness of home remedies, a nutritious diet can go a long way in healing the scars of acne. Remember that scar reduction requires constant and consistent efforts. So, be patient and keep your skin clean.
Article from articlesbase.com